Saturday, November 15, 2014

i still wake up, i still see your ghost

I stayed up much later than I intended, which typically only happens when I a) read a book or b) go out with Adit. In this case, I chose option a) THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS, which I'm enjoying so far - I'm about two-thirds in, and since I was in the mood for young adult fantasy, it's fitting the bill quite nicely.

It's also fitting the bill quite nicely for relaxing from my totally horrific and annoying week. Today was better in some ways, worse in others; I was able to sleep until sevenish (although I didn't quite accomplish that blessed feat), and I made it into the SF office by nine so that I could have breakfast and get some work done. My only scheduled meeting of the day went better than I expected it to (even if it means more work for me later), and then I spent some time working in the sun on one of the balconies before deciding to meet a coworker for lunch. Not the most satisfying lunch I've ever had, since I would have rather been at home (or at any of my favorite restaurants on Union Street), but I suppose the free bacon was worth it.

Then I came home with intentions to secretly slack off, but as soon as I got here I was pinged for something, which then plunged me into two hours of highly annoying conversations (interspersed with other work, since I couldn't follow up with everyone all at once). By 4ish I was nearly vibrating with anger, and I was just about to throw my laptop out the window and go on a bender when Terry arrived, fresh from NYC. We had agreed to have dinner tonight, which may have been a poor idea on her part given my general rage levels, but she rallied by five and we went to Sabrosa, where tacos and guacamole and margaritas went a long way toward restoring my equilibrium. Then we came home, I contemplated whether to do anything more fun (or at least more suitable for the life of a single person in San Francisco), and instead decided to follow my instincts and read instead.

And that's all. I was supposed to go to Portland this weekend, but I canceled in favor of doing some marketing stuff for Thorington + generally relaxing + maybe trying to get my shit together and get on top of things before I go to Hawaii next weekend. I'm v. glad I decided this - if my blog doesn't sound sufficiently relaxed this weekend, please smack me. Goodnight!

No comments: