Sunday, November 09, 2014

if i ever did that, i think i'd have a heart attack

I know, I know - I said last night that I was going to celebrate, but I spent most of today working. Whatever. I want to get some marketing-type stuff done over the next few days so I can make the book more successful, and today was a good day for it since I didn't have day job stuff to do. So I slogged all morning and into the early afternoon - mostly updating my website, which is woefully out of date, which was an annoying but necessary task. I'm not quite done with the updates, but it's getting there. Unfortunately, I didn't get to all twenty things on my to-do list, but I have high hopes that I can get some of it done if I get to the office early...

...which means I need to go to bed right now. But suffice it to say that I didn't work *that* hard this afternoon/evening - I went to the gym, came home and showered, talked to my parents, and then met up with Kathia (remember her?) for a glass of wine. I hadn't seen her since before I left for Germany, since she was in Italy for most of the last month, and we were overdue for a catch-up. But one glass of wine turned into two glasses of wine and some champagne (mostly thanks to the owner, who kept pouring for us even though we didn't ask for it), and since I forgot to eat after the gym, I was suddenly tipsy and unable to focus on anything other than the fact that they were playing 'Gladiator' with Russell Crowe behind Kathia. Oops. But it was great to see her, and I'm looking forward to being reunited with her.

Now, though, I must sleep if I have any hope of beating traffic tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: