Monday, November 17, 2014

if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all

I had a smashing headache all day today, which was only relieved by taking four ibuprofen at lunch - but I can't keep taking that much ibuprofen or else it will destroy my stomach, so I'm going to have to find some other way to clear the stress. It probably didn't help that I only got six hours of sleep tonight, so I'm going to rectify that by going to bed at nine p.m. like an octogenarian.

But the day was kind of aight, I guess; I went in early and grabbed a latte before doing a bit of stuff for my own life, and then slogged through meetings, etc. until five. My team had a bake-off, which I didn't participate in since I was lazy this weekend - and I'm glad I didn't participate, since someone sabotaged the voting, which was annoying but also something I didn't really have the energy to intervene in. And to be fair, the voting process was very ill-defined and ripe for sabotage, but still. There were other, far more annoying things going on, but a bake-off is fairly non-confidential and non-controversial, so I'll just chalk that up as the only upsetting thing that happened and leave you in perpetual suspense about the rest of it.

The drive home took an hour and a half, but I didn't shoot myself, so that was great. Then I went to my favorite French place, which may have been ill-advised since I just wanted to get some work done and instead ended up talking to the manager the whole time. Oops. And now I'm going to go to bed and set the intention of waking up tomorrow without a headache so that I can get shit done and stop being annoyed. Goodnight!

No comments: