Wednesday, November 19, 2014

i'm friends with the monster that's under my bed

I had a fairly awesome day, all things considered - I was able to sleep until 7:30, and then I took a single meeting from nine to ten before calling my father to wish him happy birthday (happy birthday, Dad!). Then I left for my team's offsite in Half Moon Bay (with a quick stop to get coffee, followed by several stops to pick up various coworkers in the city on the way).

The offsite actually went smashingly, despite the weather - it rained for the first time in forever, which was v. poor timing, but everyone seemed to have a great time despite it. We had lunch at Sam's Chowder House - the food was delish, and we had a room to ourselves, and I enjoyed the wine (which makes sense, since I picked it). We also played a trivia game about the team, which was just enough enforced team fun to feel okay without being onerous. Then we adjourned to the beach for ten minutes to say we did it, but as it had begun to rain, ten minutes was more than enough. Instead, we went down the road to Half Moon Bay Brewing Company, where we hung out in the bar, and where some people played games while others talked and drank, etc.

So that was all perfectly lovely. We left Half Moon Bay around 4:15, and I was home by 5:30 (it would have been a lot sooner, since there was no traffic, but I had to drop all these fools off in different corners of the city). Then I had an hour to mess around before going around the corner to have dinner with Jenni - I hadn't seen her in many months, which is crazy, and so we were very long overdue for a catch-up. We accomplished this over wine and salad at Ottimista Enoteca, and are now committed to getting together and catching up again after the holidays. Then I came home, tried out my new curling iron (success), and am now going to take my curly-haired self to bed so I can get up super early and beat traffic. Goodnight!

No comments: