Thursday, November 06, 2014

sleeping is giving in

Today was perhaps the most brutal slog yet. I woke up too early and couldn't go back to sleep, and as it turns out I should have gotten up and left super early - when I left at 6:50 (which is normally fine to get to Palo Alto by 8 on 280), my commute ended up taking an hour and forty fucking minutes, so I missed the first half of my training session :( She still gave me a pretty decent workout despite missing half of it, and she gave me homework for the weekend, so at least I got something out of it.

Then I went to work, showered v. quickly, and slogged for many hours. I had my annual review this morning, which went as they all seem to do (short version: I'm pretty awesome). Then I had a team lunch, which we ate out on a patio, and where my hair was apparently perilously close to some dude's exposed crack (he was sitting at the table behind me, and none of the team saw fit to tell me to lean in (lean in physically, not in the Sheryl Sandberg way)). After, I walked over to another meeting to work, took a thoroughly useless meeting there, adjourned to coffee lab with Dave and Tomas (our triumvirate of fun has continued post-Frankfurt), and then had a team meeting...

...and then I really wanted to go home, but I had one more meeting, and traffic looked so fucking awful again (prediction at 5pm was that it would take an hour and fifty-six minutes to get home) that I just curled up on the couch at work and worked until ~7:30. This was probably the right call since I wrote the performance reviews I have to give tomorrow and sent some important emails, but I really kind of wanted to die.

And now I'm going to go to bed, hope I sleep excessively, and then get up super early so that I can go to work and finish proofreading before starting my day job. Goodnight!

No comments: