Wednesday, December 03, 2014

ay amor, me duele tanto

My plan to wake up at 5:15am and go to work super early to beat traffic was successful, so I'm going to go for it again tomorrow. Granted, even at 6:15 it still took an hour, but that's so much better than any other morning commute I've had recently that I'm going to take it. And that was with continual rain + flooding on some streets, so really, it was as good as it could have been.

Yes, I know it's boring that all I talk about is my commute, but it's rather top of mind right now. Getting to work at seven meant that I was able to slog pretty relentlessly all day, leave at 3:30, and still feel like I'd put in everything I was required to put in. So I came home (traffic back was good as well!), ate a snack, took a long walk to make up for the fact that I'd chained myself to my desk during the day, and then ate leftover fish for supper. I'm living the dream.

But now I'm going to go to bed and try this all again tomorrow - but I think I'll do some of my own stuff in the morning (either format the paperback of Thorington's book, or work on my secret non-gargoyle young adult book - I was rereading some of it tonight and want to try to work on it on the side while I write the next romance novel). And I have a team lunch tomorrow at the Indian place on campus, which was rather unfortunately referenced when attempting to explain to a girl on our team what 'sharting' is (the people in my cube are highly professional). And then I may try to sneak out early, unless I get dragged into anything, at which point I'll probably decided to stay in the south bay until judgment day. Wish me luck with all of that - goodnight!

No comments: