Thursday, January 01, 2015

every little thing she does is magic

Happy new year!

Today was a quiet, easy slide into 2015. You can probably guess that I slept for nine hours. Then I spent the afternoon taking care of various tings, such as packing up a couple of boxes to send to California (but they won't ship until Friday, since UPS wasn't picking up ground packages, per the phone call my dad made to his UPS driver (whom he of course has on speed dial, because why not)). I also bought a variety of foreign currencies from my dad, which was fun. It was also timely, since I got an invitation to a fun activity from someone who described me as 'single, fancy, and likes beaches', which should probably be my new tagline on every social media site ever. And that fun activity, if it materializes, will require foreign currency, so yay for that (and so much for my vow to travel less in 2015 - but we all knew that resolution was going to fail, right?).

Eventually I did a kettlebell workout in my room, and I showered just in time for supper, which Katie would be pleased to know was ham and bean soup (with gluten free cornbread muffins in deference to the discovery that at least half of us should never eat gluten again). Then I spent the evening drinking a couple of hard apple ciders and watching new year's coverage with my mom (and with the occasional accompaniment of my dad's snores). I could have watched with people closer to my own age, since a couple of [censored]'s friends came over, but I left the young'uns to their own devices.

All in all, 2014 was a pretty crazy year globally, which affected my mood somewhat because I spend too much time on social media - but for me, it was mostly sweet, with some stresses that were almost entirely self-inflicted (or externally inflicted, but exacerbated by my tendency to overanalyze everything to death). So, as per usual, I want to be kinder to myself next year - and while that's something I've said before, I feel closer to it this year than I have in the past. Yes, there is always hope*.

I hope you've all had a lovely and happy new year's eve, and I look forward to sharing more of my inane ramblings with all of you lurkers in 2015! Goodnight!


*or not always hope - I found out from Katrina that Des Amis is shutting down this weekend, which has rocked my world to its foundations. but I think I'll survive. maybe.

No comments: