Saturday, December 20, 2014

i tried to do handstands for you

I can't blog excessively tonight, since I didn't sleep enough last night (blame it on the alcohol, which was limited, and the construction that started IN THE RAIN at eight a.m., which was far more unlimited than I would have liked). And I have to get up at six-ish to go to the airport for my flight back to ye olde Iowa. But today was mostly good; I worked from home, which gave me an opportunity to pack and take care of random tings. And I got a v. restorative late-afternoon massage to kick my vacation off right, so that was awesome.

And the day (and my year in San Francisco) ended with dinner at Lauren and Nathan's house. Terry and I went over around seven, and we were treated to a v. California feast of roasted chicken, brussels sprouts, and a kale (and other greens) salad that was really quite tasty (don't tell anyone I said the kale was enjoyable). The company was, of course, excellent, even if I do recognize Subz's attempt to stave off my usual January/post-Christmas/post-Iowa malaise about how much I hate San Francisco. For now, at least, I love it.

But now I must sleep if I have any hope of making my flight - goodnight!

No comments: