Wednesday, December 24, 2014

i'm killing every second til it saves my soul

If you've read my blog over the past several days, you can pretty much guess what I did. I slept for ten hours, then had breakfast before doing a kettlebell workout in my bedroom. It was more challenging than usual, probably because I felt like I was overheating - a heated, carpeted bedroom is by default warmer than a cool, concrete-floored gym. Or it was more challenging because Alyssa said it was supposed to be challenging. Either way, I survived it, and it's good that I have kettlebells here since it's probably going to get too cold for me to do anything outside next week.

After that, I showered, ran into town for one final thing I'd forgotten for Christmas, and then wrapped presents for most of the late afternoon/evening. [censored] kept me company, and I may have [censored], which took us both by surprise, but we survived. The wrapping finished right before supper, which [censored] and I ate with our parents. This was, I believe, the first time we've ever had Christmas Eve without other family members in attendance - usually my sister comes over on Christmas Eve, or we have my dad's siblings here, but today was just the four of us, which was a little bizarre. I've got to say it doesn't quite feel like Christmas yet, despite all the wrapping and all the decorations - but I have a feeling that will change tomorrow.

Anyway, supper was prime rib, which means we benefitted from not having anyone else over since there was plenty for the four of us. Then I watched some fine CBS programming with my parents. And now I should sleep so that Santa can come (or so that I can still get nine hours of sleep and yet get up before my family wants to kill me/issue a delay of game penalty) - goodnight! And Merry Christmas to all of you!

No comments: