Sunday, December 07, 2014

kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Today was less hermity than yesterday, which was probably a good thing, although I would have liked a bit more sleep to have started it off. But I slept badly last night, woke up cranky, and eventually forced myself to rally so that I wouldn't be as annoyed as I was most of last week. That meant making eggs for breakfast, then meeting up with Kathia for a writing date at Goody. I officially started working on Rafe and Octavia's story, which was oddly quite exciting - I have no real idea what happens, and obviously this is a long journey that begins with a single step, but it was nice to spend a couple of hours writing out thoughts about their characters and what they might become together.

After that, I went to the gym and did some kettlebell-type stuff (weird, I know) and had a late lunch at the new cafe next door. Then I came home, talked to Katie (the queen of my heart), and talked to my parents (also important to my heart). And then I showered and went straight to dinner - I met up with Lauren (aka Subz), Nathan, and Terry at Dosa, which is tasty but rather overpriced Indian food on Fillmore. We had a lovely time catching up before Lauren and Terry went to the movie they'd bought tickets before, and Nathan and I stayed behind to settle up the bill and talk about careers and real estate like all thirty-somethings do.

And now, even though it's barely past nine, I'm going to go to bed to catch up on last night's abysmal sleep, then hopefully get up early so I can do some of the stuff I should have done this weekend. Goodnight!

No comments: