Thursday, December 04, 2014

you better kiss me before our time has run out

I'm feeling a bit stressed tonight, and my morning was not smooth enough to set me up for total success, so this is going to be brief. I woke up at 5:15 as planned, which meant I was able to get ready in time to leave at a reasonable (translation: insanely early) hour, but since I had trouble sleeping last night, that wasn't as pleasant as it might have been. Also, my smoke detector went off for no reason at 6am, so I had to spend several ear-shattering minutes dealing with that. Thus already in a surly mood, I drove to work, where I spent an hour and a half working on the paperback version of Thorington's book while drinking a latte, and then spent many hours slogging.

Of course, it wasn't all bad (since my perks are ridic); I had lunch with several people at the Indian place on campus, and we stopped at one of the baristas after. Since I'd had tea and a latte in the morning and had two cups of chai at lunch, I refrained from having more coffee - which is probably all that saved me from having a heart attack, since I was wildly jittery all afternoon. Caffeine, combined with anticipation of more possible pain to come at work in the next few days, made for a crazy afternoon, and I crashed as soon as I got home. But my attempt at a nap was thwarted by my racing thoughts, so I walked down to my favorite Greek place on Chestnut, where I've quickly befriended the bartender, which resulted in extra wine (and a long conversation about my romance writing, since I divulged my not-so-secret profession to him and so had to explain all of it while eating my chicken skewers). The wine + some brainstorming in my journal helped to soothe my thoughts, so I came home, took care of some tings, and am now going to sleep. I have to go to the south bay tomorrow to train with Alyssa + take some meetings that could be either horrible or great, so we'll see how that goes. Goodnight!

No comments: