Wednesday, December 17, 2014

you oughta know

I got home after ten, so this must needs be brief. But today was mostly good despite the fact that I spent no time in my house - I was out the door at 6:40, on campus by 7:50, and spent an hour catching up on general stuff at the coffee place on campus before going to my building and beginning the slog. However, it was less brutal than it's been in a long time - I only had a couple of meetings, and so I was able to plow through a bunch of emails and other random things that I'd been ignoring for days/weeks.

And at the end of it, I left the office and had a v. delightful friendship renewal dinner with Joann, Jen, Jane, and Tolu. Downtown Mountain View has turned into a total scene, and getting off campus at night is a train wreck, so we were all late (even Jen, who doesn't work where the rest of us do anymore). But we tried a new restaurant (Shell Shock), which was excellent - so excellent that we somehow spent an exorbitant amount of money because we ordered a shocking amount of food. But that was sufficient to sustain us while we discussed all manner of ridiculous occurrences that various members of the group have experienced since our last meeting five or six weeks ago.

Now, though, I must go to sleep. The other exciting thing, which I barely kept track of (okay, that's a lie, I was refreshing Amazon through every meeting I had today), was that I ran a BookBub on Alex and Prudence's book, which was sufficient to get it into the top 100 on Amazon, Apple, and Nook. So that's exciting! Hopefully that leads to more sales of the other books (at full price instead of the discount on this one), but either way it's a good thing. And now I'm really going to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: