Tuesday, January 27, 2015

babe we're only here, oh for a little while

I continue my unsustainable grind of two full-time jobs, an attempt to work out, and a reasonably active social life. Today, I made it out of bed by 6:15, into my car in my workout clothes, and on campus by 7:30, which gave me twenty-five minutes to write before my first meeting of the day. But I survived the first meeting, survived the atrocity of my cafe's current breakfast situation (the only meat is mortadella, which is NOT A BREAKFAST FOOD - and yes, that's a complaint about free food) because someone brought me bacon for my second meeting, and then slogged for another hour before going to train with Alyssa.

Alyssa was good, although I'm still recovering from zee illness and so didn't feel totally on top of my workout. Then I went back to work and slogged all afternoon before eventually leaving to meet Shedletsky and Tina for dinner in San Carlos. I hadn't seen them since my birthday, which seems criminal since we live so relatively close to each other - but between finishing my last book + Germany + the holidays, I kind of let a lot of social situations slide. However, we reunited v. successfully over Burmese food (like Thai food, but with more political oppression?), and we have grand plans to reunite more regularly going forward.

But now it's already too late for me to go to bed without wanting to die when I do this all again tomorrow, so I'm going to call this - goodnight!

No comments: