Sunday, January 18, 2015

back in black

Today was as slothish as it should have been, given that I'm trying to keep this cold from becoming something worse. I seem to be succeeding thus far; I've skipped a lot of the nasal congestion and have moved straight on to the 'black lung' phase, which will undoubtedly linger. But I slept for nine or ten hours last night, spent the morning lazing in bed, had some tea with Terry, and then lazed around some more.

I did leave the house eventually, since I was hungry and thought going outside might be a fun and interesting endeavor. So I went down the street and ate huevos rancheros, which helped - and the owner (Tony) brought them to my table and sat with me while I ate, which was as entertaining and delightful as always. Then I came home and did absolutely nothing for several more hours (okay, not nothing - I messed around on the internet and took a nap).

The evening was more of the same - I was going to order thai for supper, but my favorite place to order from (Osha on Union) apparently closed last week. WTF is going on with my favorite restaurants in the Marina?! So I ventured out again and ate some mexican food (vaguely mexican, vaguely decent - it's usually better, but the meat was a little overcooked for my liking). Then I came home and made the utterly unusual choice of watching a movie in bed, which I never do - but I watched 'Iron Man', since I've been meaning to binge watch the entire Marvel universe of movies and it seemed like there was no time better than tonight to start. I really enjoyed it, but that should surprise none of you. I think it came out around the time that I stopped going to the movies because my friends who see movies with me had all disappeared, so hopefully I can catch up at some point.

But now I'm going to sleep and hope I'm recovered enough tomorrow to enjoy my weekend - goodnight!

No comments: