Saturday, January 03, 2015

does this mean you're moving on

I am in my bed in San Francisco, having survived an utterly uneventful pair of flights from Des Moines to Denver and Denver to San Francisco. Today's travel was very nearly civilized...there were only two people ahead of me at security in Des Moines, I was upgraded on both flights, I had ample time between flights (so much time that I got my boots shined!), and since I was traveling with only a carry-on, I was able to saunter out of the airport immediately upon arrival. If only it were always so simple...

The rest of my day was also lovely. I spent one last morning luxuriating in complete sloth, although I caught the tail end of my parents' breakfast and so made myself some eggs to go with the bacon I stole from them. Then I packed, showered, and generally hung out until it was time to leave for the airport. We got to Des Moines early so we could have supper at our usual restaurant before they kicked me off at the airport curb, where we said our farewells.

And now, I'm going to sleep; I slept almost all the way from Denver to SF, so I'm hoping that + whatever sleep I get tonight will be sufficient without totally wrecking the glow I've got going from ten days of nine hours of sleep a night. But I've got big plans for the weekend, and those plans require me to get out of bed at some point, so getting at least some sleep now is imperative. Goodnight!

No comments: