Monday, January 12, 2015

don't act like i never told you

I successfully staved off illness for another day, but my goal tonight is to sleep for eight hours in hopes of pushing it forward another day. Or my goal should be to stop being a hypochondriac. Unclear.

sssanyway, today was a good start to the week - I made it into work by 7:30 and spent an hour brainstorming Rafe and Octavia before beginning the day job. I may be at the point where I need to pick some vague target and start writing toward it, knowing I'll have to rewrite some stuff - but the last book benefitted from having the semblance of a plot first, so maybe I should do a fake outline and then begin. Decisions, decisions. All I know is that I don't know very much about them, and there's something wrong with the setup (which I hope to god is not that they shouldn't be together, because I'm already committed there). But hopefully some more brainstorming this week will help.

Then the day job commenced with a gift of bacon from a coworker (funny how free bacon wins me over...but there was no meat in my building's cafe for some reason, so a delivery from another cafe was quite appreciated), followed by a series of meetings that were mostly good. I also had lunch and coffee with several coworkers, which was a good break from the meeting grind. And I left at 4:30, which wasn't totally optimal for traffic, but I rocked out to a 90s playlist and so didn't particularly care that I was sitting around doing nothing.

Once I got home, I ate some of last night's soup (even better the second day) while doing day job work and watching most of the national championship game with Terry. And now I shall sleep, and you shall hope that tomorrow is more interesting for all our sakes - goodnight!

No comments: