Sunday, January 11, 2015

i don't wanna be your hero

Today I canceled all my plans and embraced my inner hermit, because my inner hermit is worried that she's coming down with something dreadful and wanted to batten down the hatches. So I ate breakfast, ordered groceries instead of going to the grocery store, and cleaned my room instead of pursuing my original afternoon plan (hanging out/writing with Claude). I did get my nails done, since even my inner hermit is vain, but that was my only attempt at feigning normalcy, and I felt rather ill while I was doing it.

So I abandoned the other plan of the night (opera on tap, alas) and stayed home and made chicken tortilla soup (which was amazeballs, if I do say so myself, even though it took two hours). Claude ended up coming over, and so she and Terry and I ate the fruits of my labors while watching the Golden Globes. And now I'm going to sleep and hope that whatever I am getting is actually hypochondria and not the flu. Goodnight!

No comments: