Saturday, January 31, 2015

if i had the chance i'd ask the world to dance

Today was supremely boring and uneventful. Since I went to bed early last night, I woke up before seven, and I ended up working on tax and financial stuff for a couple of hours (fun, right?). Then I showered and went down the street for breakfast. Terry joined me as I was finishing up, so I hung out while she ate, and it was all generally lovely.

Then I came home and acted like a domestic goddess for a couple of hours - I folded clothes, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, changed my sheets, etc., etc. I had tentatively planned to have fun in the sun this afternoon, but those plans got pushed to tomorrow, and so I took a walk and got an iced latte from Rapha. That was supposed to fuel some afternoon writing, but as it turns out, it mostly fueled me taking a nap. Oops.

But I rallied for more productivity - I bought groceries, got food delivered from my favorite Greek place since I was feeling too hermity to go out, and then made chicken tortilla soup for tomorrow's Super Bowl viewing. I hate the Seahawks and don't care at all about the Patriots, but as an excuse to make soup it's a pretty good one, so I'll take it. And now I'm going to go to sleep - since tomorrow has about a billion more plans than today did, I should probably prepare for it. Goodnight!

No comments: