Sunday, January 04, 2015

oh christ she's not alone

I have returned to my hedonistic San Francisco lifestyle, where 45 degrees is considered cold and my veins are well-lubricated by red wine. I slept as much as I could this morning (which wasn't quite enough), then got up and took care of some tings before showering and going down the street for breakfast and a reunion with Tony, the owner of my favorite breakfast place. Tony and breakfast were both great, thanks for asking!

Then I came home, talked to Terry for awhile (this was our first rendezvous of 2015!), and spent a couple of hours procrastinating, doing laundry, etc. Then I ventured to Polk Street and bought lingerie at the French lingerie store (okay, it was only three bras, and they were mostly basic, but still, this is far more decadent than anything one can find in my home town, unless the used goods store has started carrying French lingerie). And then I went to Des Amis for one final hurrah - as I mentioned the other night, they're closing for good tomorrow, which makes me tres sad.

However, my tres sadness turned into tres drunkenness, since I had four glasses of wine to see them out in style. The first was on my own; the second and third were with Terry when she joined me there; and the fourth was provided compliments of the restaurant, who in my mind didn't apologize nearly enough for leaving me. C'est la vie, as they say.

Having left them in style, I came home, took a seventeen-minute nap that was all that stood between me and certain death, and then smeared some eyeliner on my face in an attempt to look glamorous before going to Kathia's new place for a combo cocktail party/housewarming. It was lovely to see her, although our mingling was brief; I spent most of the night hanging out with Josie, who also writes, and she gave me some life-coach type lessons that were by turns illuminating and hysterical.

But because I had been at Des Amis, and because I'm not over my jetlag yet, and because I have high hopes for being a productive member of society tomorrow (or at least going to the gym), I left the party relatively early, and I'm going to go to sleep immediately (or after I get rid of the eyeliner I smeared on my face earlier) - goodnight!

No comments: