Sunday, January 25, 2015

take off all the thoughts of what we've been

Today started off super lowkey, and ended as many of my Sundays do...with family activities to cap the week off right. I slept somewhat late after watching 'Thor' last night, and then I grabbed breakfast down the street before getting my nails done. The nail situation took awhile, since they had to scrape off the gel from last time and I wanted to let the regular manicure I got in its place dry for an exorbitant amount of time so that I didn't screw it up as soon as I left the nail salon. Yes, I know it's important for you to know this.

sssanyway, the manicure left me sleepy, so I came home, bailed on a writing date with Kathia, and napped a little bit - I'm still recovering from this stupid cold, and I'm sleepier than usual. Then I called my parents, who were in fine form. And then I went to a concert! I know, shocking! Jess was performing in a concert of German lieder, and it was truly lovely. The performance included her as the soprano + a pianist + a clarinetist + a violist, and they performed a mix of songs (mostly traditional, but also a new set composed for the event). I know very little about lieder, but Jess's voice was awesome, so it was fun to watch.

Of course, I also had three glasses of champagne over the course of the concert, since they were handing it out like candy before the concert and during the intermission. Sadly, the champagne didn't make the German any more intelligible to me. I sat next to Adit, which went about as you would expect, and in front of Lauren (aka Subz) and Nathan, so I got to talk all of them up a little bit. I also saw Anthony (the guy who threw me into a bush at Lauren's wedding), who now has long hair and looks a bit like he might be a vaguely famous European, and his wife Dormain, who is definitely pregnant. And I hope to catch up with John and Jess sometime soon when they're not in the middle of a performance / hosting all their myriad family members.

After the concert, Lauren and Nathan adjourned to a quiet dinner on their own (good call), and I went with Adit, Misha, Omar, and some other girl (Michelle? I hate names) to dinner at Zuni Cafe. I hadn't been to Zuni since the epic night Adit/Chandlord/I had there many years ago, so it was good to make my acquaintance with their rabbit again (and by that I mean I ate a rabbit). Priyanka met us there as well, so it was sort of like a more upscale-than-usual family dinner, sans some key players (although Omar and Misha are both totally amazeballs ridic and so can do in a pinch).

But I can't recap anymore because I need to go to bed immediately if I want to not die tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: