Wednesday, January 21, 2015

there's a little bit more that has to be said

Perhaps I shouldn't have gone to work today...my voice is still a wreck, and my cough appears at inopportune times. But on the whole, the day was good. I was going to get up early and write, but I reset my alarm for 7:30 (although I coughed more than I slept in those extra hours) and didn't get into the office until ten. Then I basically had meetings and talked all day long. My team had lunch at the Indian place on campus, where I was v. unwillingly vegetarian since they had lamb curry (the only meat I don't eat), but the chai made up for it.

Speaking of Indians, I saw Chandlord this afternoon, rather unexpectedly - she was sitting at my desk like she owned the place when I returned to my cube after a meeting, and she continued to squat there for a couple of hours this afternoon. It was lovely, if a bit odd, to see her amongst the people I usually see at work, but it was more on the lovely side - so much so that I wish she could join my team rather than working out in the hinterland like she currently does. But it's probably for the best that I'm the only one who can tell my team stories about what I get up to outside of work (but then, if they secretly read this blog, they basically know that I work all the time, with the occasional Adit-fueled bender to take the edge off).

sssanyway, I had meetings all afternoon, and my voice continued to disappear throughout. I was done with official meetings by five, but I had to talk to a coworker about a project after that, and that turned into a two-hour side conversation about work and life (which was good, both as a conversation and as a way to sit out the traffic that would have eaten my soul if I'd left at five). Then I grabbed supper on campus before driving home and talking to Terry.

And now, I must sleep if I have any hope of doing this all again tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: