Saturday, January 10, 2015

when you think of love do you think of pain

I had a lovely Saturday, thanks for asking! It helped that I slept for nine hours last night, which is a feat I hope to repeat tonight (although I'm less than optimistic, since last night I went to bed at nine and it was kind of a struggle to stay asleep this morning). But I got up in time to shower and walk down to Fort Mason to meet Kathia for a writing date. It wasn't as productive as it usually is; I basically spent the first hour texting and messing around with my phone, which was the opposite of productive, to the point that I apologized to Kathia for being a slacker even though it had little impact on her.

But I did do a bit a quality brainstorming, so I'll take it. Then I walked back to Union Street and had brunch at my favorite place, where Tony decided that I was 'Evil Sara' today because I sat at the bar, ordered something I've never ordered before (poached eggs on salmon with hollandaise, sans the baguette it's usually served on), and got oddly engrossed in the Kentucky/Texas A&M game. But Evil Sara and Tony had fun making fun of the other patrons, so that was all hilarious. Then I came home and spent some quality time cleaning my room...

...but I gave myself a break and went to a late afternoon showing of THE IMITATION GAME with Terry. This was a movie I was destined to see; while I've moved far away from my artificial intelligence roots, Turing remains a towering figure. Also, I've moved far away from my WWII history roots, but the Enigma codebreakers are still fascinating to me. The combination of both of them threatened to make my heart explode. Also, at some point in the future I need to stop writing historical romance and move on to any number of other types of stories (as Terry pointed out over dinner)....but that movement will not happen today.

Anyway, I thought the movie was totally awesome, and I highly recommend it. Of course, it was helped along by the bottle of wine we split, since we saw it at the Kabuki in the 21+ balcony area. After the movie, we had a quickish supper at Fresca, and then we came home, where I spent the last hour refreshing myself on what was factual in the movie and what was fictional.

Now, though, I must sleep so that I can be somewhat productive and also somewhat relaxed tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: