Thursday, February 19, 2015

i wanna get better

I continue to be exhausted, and I'm nowhere near ready for my trip...but I'm pleased to say that I'm suddenly, maybe, just a little bit excited to be in India again. I had dinner with Kathia tonight, and she mentioned aloo paratha, and while I can't eat paratha anymore, suddenly I was all in.

Of course, I have to get there first. Today was an attempt at getting done all the things I need to get done before I leave, and I wasn't particularly successful. Granted, I wrote before work, and I made it down to ten emails in my work inbox, so it could have been worse. And I left at 3:15, so that was even better. Then I spent a couple of hours working on my tax situation when I got home (I'm so close) before meeting Kathia for dinner at Seven Hills. It's an Italian place in Russian Hill, and it turns out that it's super tasty - they make a good gluten free pasta, and so I was able to have a redo of my gluten free pasta experience on Monday and order the spicy tomato sauce I'd been craving rather than the other sauce I impetuously ordered at Locanda. Kathia and I had a great time catching up, even if it just made me want to run away and write all the time...

...but I can't run away now because I have to get some sleep so that I can do all the things tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: