Sunday, February 08, 2015

i want to be the sand inside that hourglass

I was feeling quite hermity today, so I indulged myself - I woke up around seven, worked on financial stuff for an hour or so, and then showered and made myself presentable so I could meet Chandlord and Santy Claude for breakfast downtown. I was far more presentable than the neighborhood usually deserves, but breakfast was lovely - we tried to go to the new Market on Market (an upscale grocery/set of eateries similar to Eataly in NYC, for those of you who are familiar), but nothing in there was serving breakfast at ten a.m. So we went across the street (without finding any suitcases full of body parts) and had breakfast at Little Griddle. I've never been there before, but the food was quite good - I liked my scramble and hashbrowns, and the ambiance was entertaining without being too grungy (like some places in that area) or too pretentious (like Market on Market). And the company was good too, particularly since I was able to sneak in a couple of hugs on Chandlord when she wasn't expecting them.

After breakfast, we went back to Market so that I could buy some lotion from one of the shops that had opened in our absence. Then we parted ways, and I proceeded to run a bunch of errands (okay, I bought shoes) before getting my hair cut and my brows waxed. She went shorter with the layers than I had totally intended, but overall it looks divine (Chandlord, you're welcome for the adjective!).

Post-haircut, I came home, took a nap, and then spent the evening reading a couple of books for a contest I have to judge (some reading over sushi down the street, some reading in my bed). The first book was a total bust, but the second book surprised me by how much I'm enjoying it even though it's not up my usual alley, so I'm going to take my time and finish it tomorrow. But now I must sleep so that I can run more errands tomorrow + buy a mattress + do some writing + talk to my parents + maybe work out + work on my taxes + probably procrastinate. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Good luck with all the errands! Great blog :)