Saturday, February 14, 2015

it always comes as a surprise when i feel my withered roots begin to grow

As I predicted last night, today was a bit brutal - but the brutality was entirely self-inflicted, so I can't complain. I woke up sometime around seven (although I'd originally woken up at 4:30, which has been happening a lot), and I lazed in bed for awhile before giving it up as a lost cause. Luckily the room wasn't spinning and I didn't feel like vomiting, so last night's bourbon was kinder to me than I thought it had been. Sweet!

So I showered, then went down the street to have some v. restorative huevos rancheros before my body succumbed to alcohol poisoning. Thus feeling refreshed, I came home and spent most of the afternoon messing around with tax and financial stuff. It wasn't as much time as I should have spent on it, but as you can imagine, it's not the most fun task in the world. I eventually took a nap, though, and then I decided to revive myself for an evening slog + take some time to enjoy the gorgeous weather by walking the mile and a half to Philz Coffee for one of their iced mint mojitos.

I told Chandlord that I was going there, so she showed up with one of her roommates in tow...and all productivity plans evaporated. We walked around Hayes Valley for a bit, did some awesome people watching, and ended up having dinner outside at Lers Ros (a thai place) on Hayes. The food was delish, albeit not Alyssa-approved, and the weather continued to be gorgeous enough to enjoy the outdoors even without heat lamps.

But all good things must end, so I came home with the intention of working on my taxes...but after walking four miles or so and eating a bunch of thai food, as well as not getting enough sleep last night, I was too tired to do anything substantive. So I'm going to go to bed and hope that I can hit it hard tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: