Sunday, February 01, 2015

magic madness heaven sin

Today was pretty lovely, all things considered. I woke up relatively early, did a bit of work, and then made the odd choice of making some tea and calling my parents at 8:30am, which is earlier than I ever call them. But I knew my fun would interfere with talking this afternoon, and I also knew that they were getting a million inches of snow and so wouldn't be outside anyway, so drinking tea in bed while talking to them was the perfect start to the day.

And then I pretty much did nothing the rest of the day...I tried to write a bit in the morning, but I had trouble getting into it, so I took a walk instead. I grabbed a latte on the way home and sat in a park for awhile, which was lovely; I felt like I missed the best of the sun yesterday because I was working, so I tried to make up for it this afternoon. Then I came home, did some more work, finished the soup that I started making last night, and opened champagne with Terry in time for the start of the Super Bowl.

None of us cared at all about the game, since I despise the Seahawks and feel mostly ambivalent about the Patriots, but Terry and I had invited Lauren (aka Subz) and Nathan over when we saw Lauren on Thursday, and I invited Claude over as well, so we had a nice, intimate gathering. I perhaps should have expanded it to more people, but this group had similar eating preferences and I didn't feel like making something veg, so too bad. But it was a very fun time, despite the depressing commercials and the utterly noninteresting matchup.

And now I must sleep - I have to go to the consulate tomorrow for my visa, which is likely to be a total shitshow, so getting sleep in advance is crucial for maintaining my moment of zen. Goodnight!

No comments: