Monday, February 09, 2015

when you look into my eyes and you see the crazy gypsy in my soul

My new bed is amazing and my foot isn't broken, so I'd say that today was, all in all, about ten billion times better than yesterday. I worked from home today, which meant I was able to laze in bed until eightish, which was the most wonderful thing ever. And when I got out of bed, I found that my foot doesn't hurt to walk on (although it's still a bit bruised on top), so that was totally awesome.

The day progressed pretty unhurriedly; I had 1.5hrs of meetings, which meant I was able to get some serious work done and also take a break to have breakfast/lunch down the street, where Tony was happy to feed me for a second day. I was also able to slack off by five and meet Kathia for coffee and writing...I'm v. v. antsy to start cracking seriously on Rafe and Octavia's story, and I made decent progress tonight. When we parted ways, I came home, grabbed a book on character development that I've read before but wanted to refresh myself on, and went to Mezes, where I drank wine, ate chicken skewers, talked to the bartender, and read the chapters that I wanted to reread.

But now I need to go to sleep - I'm excited to make some progress on Rafe and Octavia before work tomorrow morning, but that requires that I get up incredibly early if I'm going to make it into the office in time to write before my meetings start. Goodnight!

No comments: