Friday, March 06, 2015

boys only want love if it's torture

I barely survived the work day - the jetlag struck *hard* today, but that was probably my own damn fault for having too much wine and not enough food yesterday. I didn't sleep particularly well as a result of my bad decisions; I kept waking up, which could have been the wine or the jetlag, but either way, it was a most unwelcome way to prepare for the day.

However, I managed to get out of bed in time to grab a coffee at Philz on the way to train with Alyssa (since I didn't have any milk in the house for tea), and it kept me awake long enough to get to Palo Alto. It was great to see her, and I was actually moving surprisingly well considering last night's wine consumption + two weeks of eating butter chicken and sitting on planes. Then I went to the office, where I was reunited with everyone (well, everyone who chose to show up on Friday) in glorious fashion. Several of us went to get coffee as soon as I showed up (before I'd showered, which shows how much they love me), and then I showered, did a little bit of work, caught up with the people around me, etc. And I grabbed a gluten-free sandwich with chicken/bacon/avocado/pesto, which went a long way toward making me feel at home again.

But I knew I wasn't long for the world of wakefulness, so I left the office around 1:30 (and convinced Dave to skip out at the same time and ride back to the city for me in an effort to keep me awake). When I got home, I took a brief nap, did two more meetings (where my cracked-out jetlag was probably apparent), and then met up with Chandlord to discuss flooring choices for her apartment + paint + general life topics. She invited me to have dinner, but I declined in favor of being a total hermit...

...which is exactly what I did. I ordered a pizza while I was walking home, and it was delivered in record time. Then I took another quick nap, took a bath, put on a face mask (the treatment kind, not some weird role-playing kind), painted my toenails, and used the leave-in conditioner that I bought in Japan (I'm pretty sure it made my hair softer than ever when they used it during my facial, but it could also just be the juxtaposition of Japan's clean water vs. India's dirty water, in which case the conditioner will do nothing here, but we'll see).

This is all very very interesting for you, I know. But by doing all of that, then doing some online browsing, then writing this, I managed to stay awake until 10:45pm - which means I may sleep through the night tonight. Fingers crossed, since I have a lot of stuff to do this weekend - goodnight!

No comments: