Sunday, March 22, 2015

don't say i didn't, say i didn't warn you

I'm frantically trying to get ready to move next weekend, but today wasn't all work. However, the first half of it was very filled with packing-related activities. I made it through everything in the dining room, but I had to take a break to go get more packing supplies, which substantially ate into my productivity. However, I hope to get through the kitchen and most of my books tomorrow, which should go a long way toward making me feel just a little more ready for my move.

But that's all boring...the non-boring part of my day was that we had a final going-away shindig for Terry, who is leaving Friday morning. Her siblings, along with Lauren (aka Subz) and Nathan and I, started at Barrique, where we had wine in the unfamiliar environs of North Beach. Then we proceeded to Park Tavern, which I'd never even heard of, but it turned out to be totally delightful - the deviled eggs and the brussels sprout chips that we started with were awesome, and I had a v. good hamburger with some horseradish aioli for the fries that was beyond excellent.

After dinner, we moved on to 15 Romolo, which is a bar in North Beach that I went to a million years ago with Katrina (okay, it was on September 7, 2012 - but it feels like a lifetime, since I was working on MARQUESS then, which was 2.5 books ago). We managed to score a decent set of stools together (and, along the way, helping a gorgeous couple secure a table for themselves rather than having to share bar space with us), and several of Terry's coworkers showed up for drinks, so that was great. The evening eventually morphed into family time, since Claude, Chandlord, and Adit all showed up as the rest of the group was leaving, and so we asked Terry a variety of overly-specific and personal questions while we continued to drink.

But I abandoned the family early (with Terry in tow) so that I could go to bed and get up and pack tomorrow, rather than pursuing the alternate, far more appealing idea of getting food at Grubstake (or, more likely, more drinks elsewhere followed by Grubstake many hours from now). But getting up and packing requires sleep, and sleep requires shutting my laptop - goodnight!

No comments: