Friday, March 20, 2015

fill the tub up halfway and ride it with my surfboard

Today was destined to be rough, and I feel that I paid the wages of last night's sins; I went to bed at 2:15am, and even though I was hoping to sleep until eight, I woke up at 6:30 and merely dozed until the alarm went off. But getting up at eight gave me enough time to shower, take last night's dress to a UPS place to ship back, and then have v. restorative, completely necessary huevos rancheros before my first meeting of the day. I walked into the cafe this morning and demanded huevos, and Tony said, 'you were drinking champagne last night, weren't you?'. This is why I love that guy.

sssanyway, I brought my hungover self home, where I proceeded to have meetings almost straight from 10am to 3pm. I managed to keep it together, but it was not exactly the most pleasant day I've had recently (even though the meetings were all fine). As soon as I disconnected from the last call, though, I ate some peanut butter toast, and then crawled into bed and took a nap. My need for a snack and a nap felt very toddler-ish, but I'll take it.

However, I rallied (despite reaching the bleak/despondent phase of the hangover) and put on a v. sparkly (but not as sparkly as last night) dress to meet Kathia at a cafe for a writing date. I didn't write, but I did make a lot of to-do lists so that I could plan for the packing and moving that needs to happen this week. After the cafe, we swung by my place to pick up Terry, and then we went to Nectar, where we drank a bottle of pink champagne in honor of Terry's imminent departure to the land of snow and cynicism. Then we adjourned to Aix, where we had a scrumptious dinner.

And now, I hope to sleep nine hours and awaken refreshed and ready to spend the day packing - goodnight!

No comments: