Sunday, March 29, 2015

i won't be held responsible, she fell in love in the first place

Today was going totally swimmingly, but I suddenly crashed from lack of energy and have reached the despondent part of the move...the part where there is still too much stuff left to be unpacked and I would like to sit down, but there's no place to sit down. That's not entirely true -- my bed area is completely done, and both the couch and the loveseat are free of boxes. But they aren't free of the view of boxes, which is making me feel all sad and hemmed in. And it's probably worse because it's unlikely that I'll get fully unpacked before I go to Tahoe on Friday, which means I'll come home to something of a mess, which I *despise*.

But still. Today was full of progress, even if I'm not done. I got nine hours of v. blissful sleep, woke up happy, showered, unearthed some clothing, and unpacked all morning. The internet guy showed up around 9:30, and since I signed up for this new ISP (webpass) that seems to prize customer service (and is also preinstalled in the building), the installation took less than five minutes. Amazing. After that, I continued to unpack, and was joyfully interrupted by Chandlord, who failed to give me three days' written warning of entering my place, but she showed up with my garage keycard and spare keys to the apartment, so I'll forgive her this time.

After Chandlord left, I picked up Lauren (aka Subz) so that we could be ladies who brunch in Laurel Heights. We went to a place she chose specifically for the patio, but we were later than planned, and so we ended up seated at the window overlooking the patio (tragically close, tragically far away). Still, the food was lovely, the mimosa was even lovelier, and Subz herself was the loveliest of all.

But all loveliness came to a crashing halt when I went back to the old apartment and spent an hour lugging the remaining stuff downstairs, taking what I wanted out of the fridge, dumping alcohol I would never drink, etc., etc. We're basically out now, but there's a whole bunch of trash and recycling left to be dealt with, and the trash/recycling bins were totally full, so I have to go back tomorrow night and finish. Boooo. Still, it wasn't horrific, so I'll take it.

Then I took some stuff to the storage unit (which I'm exceedingly glad I got, since if all that stuff was here too, I would probably have burst into tears at some point), came home, unpacked a couple more boxes, and got a manicure (the manicure was the most necessary thing of the day, since my nails were looking a little cryptkeeper-ish after all the moving). Then I talked to my parents, who were in fine form (and practicing the barter system, which reminds me that I'm v. far removed from the heartland). And then, even though my energy was flagging, I had dinner at this newish rotisserie place near me, and then spent another two hours unpacking.

Now, though, I have to sleep; getting up early tomorrow is going to come all too soon. Goodnight!

No comments: