Thursday, March 05, 2015

i'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies

I have already taken a melatonin, and I had more alcohol tonight than is perhaps advisable for someone my size, so I should probably be brief so that I don't write anything embarrassing. However, today was a great (if not particularly productive) reintroduction to America. I woke up at seven after sleeping for almost nine hours, and then I laid about in bed for another hour before showering, grabbing breakfast down the street (Tony was glad to see me, I think), and going into the SF office for meetings.

The meetings were accomplished in due order, and I had a nice break to have lunch with Gyre, who is in fine form, and to have impromptu coffee with Katrina (I was too jetlagged to contact her in a timely fashion, but I suddenly and eagerly remembered that she existed, and she was miraculously able to hang out with me for half an hour or so). Then I worked for another couple of desultory hours before having drinks at work - Thursday always holds the potential for drinks, and there was a winery tasting in the SF office that made drinks even more appealing, so that was lovely.

But all drinking must end (to make way for more drinking), so I got a ride to western addition/the haight, where I had a delightful dinner with Terry and Lauren (aka Subz) at Nopalito. We had a lot to catch up on, which was duly performed over margaritas (okay, they'd already started their drinks without me, since I was late due to a series of unwise decisions getting out of the SF office) and a variety of tasty Nopalito-style foodstuffs. It was great to see them both, even if I was too jetlagged to actually make sense - I felt like my brain was operating at 80% of its usual speed today, which made for a strange and irritating type of interaction with others. But Lauren and Terry were delightful, as always, and they tolerated my tendency to misspeak and break things, so I think our friendship survived.

And now I must sleep before I start typing gibberish - I have to get up early tomorrow, although I hope I make it back to the city of sin before my jetlag kicks in and my risk of death increases. Goodnight!

No comments: