Wednesday, March 25, 2015

i've gotta stay high all the time to keep you off my mind

Packing continues mostly on schedule...in fact, I would say I'm ahead of schedule compared to previous moves, but that's mostly because Terry's movers are coming tomorrow and so I was forced to do things the last few days when I normally would have avoided the whole situation entirely. Today I had company in the packing debacle; I gave Chandlord a ride home from work, so she hung out (and we ordered pizza and drank wine) while I packed more stuff in the kitchen. Claudia came over later, and she picked up where Chandlord left off (drinking wine, eating pizza, and watching me pack). The company + the wine meant I probably packed a little slower than usual, but I also kept going long after I would have normally quit, so that probably evens out. I'm mostly done with the kitchen (optimistically) - there still stuff left to do, but it feels manageable.

Sadly, though, I need to work tomorrow and Friday, so I'm going to have to keep making progress in fits and starts. Happily, though, I'm working from home both days, so I should be able to do things in between the madness (and be here to support Terry tomorrow, and by 'support Terry' I mean 'make sure she doesn't steal my stuff'). And then I'll move Saturday, and begin the same process in reverse Saturday night. Yay!

The rest of my day was fine; I got up at 5:40, made it to the office by 7:15, and slogged over coffee for an hour or so. I grabbed breakfast with Dave after, and we took bacon and fried potatoes back to Tomas, thus buying his love forever. Then I had meetings for a couple of hours before training with Alyssa (I did 45 deadlifts at some weight that I don't remember, plus a bunch of swings and snatches)...so it will be interesting to see how the deadlifting impacts my ability to lift real-life things while I'm packing tomorrow.

And then I slogged until four, at which point I peaced out, and you know the rest. Now I must sleep if I have any hope of doing this again tomorrow without wanting to die - goodnight!

No comments: