Thursday, March 26, 2015

let the dream begin, let your darker side give in

Terry is leaving for NYC tomorrow morning, and so today was spent in last-minute preparations for that eventuality. Granted, I had v. little to do to support this, since she hired movers, but I worked from home so that I could be around in case there was any confusion about what was mine v. what was hers. As it turns out, she had things well under control - which was good since I had meetings most of the day.

But I survived the work day, and I even had time to sneak a load of stuff over to my new apartment and grab coffee at Philz before finishing my work day. Then I packed one box before meeting Terry at Ottimista for a final glass of wine. This turned into dinner at Mamacita, where I sent her off in style with decent tacos and excellent margaritas (since NYC is not known for its Mexican food). I still haven't quite processed that she's leaving, but since my stomach started hurting ferociously on the way home, I think my heart knows it even if my brain doesn't.

Now, though, I'm going to sleep so that I can get up in time to see her off - and then I need to work excessively while also packing v. efficiently. Wish me luck with that - goodnight!

No comments: