Wednesday, March 04, 2015

maybe i fell in love when you woke me up

I took a melatonin twenty minutes ago and I'm suddenly having trouble typing properly, so I think I should keep this brief so that I don't devolve into nonsense as I usually do when blogging under these circumstances. But suffice it to say that I made it to San Francisco without incident; I've already seen the beginning of Thursday while in Japan, but then I relived Wednesday and I doubt that I'm going to stay awake long enough to see the start of Thursday again. Since I'll have plenty of time tomorrow to experience Thursday while trying to get caught up on the day job, I'm not really mourning the missed opportunity.

And really, that's all to say - since I last blogged, I mostly spent my time in planes and automobiles, with some line-standing sprinkled in to alleviate my comfortable boredom. When I got home at six, after a rush-hour drive into the city that reminded me immediately why certain parts of my life suck, I unpacked, took a quick shower, and then had dinner with Terry at Aix, since we had a ton to catch up on (and I wanted something that would force me to stay awake until at least nine p.m. in an effort to avoid making my jetlag worse). This was a success on all counts....I even made it to ten p.m., which is a minor miracle.

But sleep is necessary now...my apartment ain't the Ritz, but I'm v. excited to renew my acquaintance with my new bed. Goodnight!

No comments: