Thursday, March 12, 2015

she may contain the urge to run away

Today feels like a repetition of previous days this week, so I shall be brief in my recap. I was 20+ minutes late to my training session with Alyssa due to traffic, but the workout itself was good. Then I went to work, where I had more time than usual to shower before my first meeting, and so I of course wasted it by sharing breakfast and gossip with coworkers. But I made it to my meeting, and then I did some decent work over the course of the middle of the day - I even turned down the possibility of lunch at one of my favorite cafes so that I could keep working, which I think qualifies me for sainthood.

But after another round of meetings I was wrecked, so I absconded to the coffee place (in a topless jeep, with four other coworkers, which felt surreally like the orange mocha frappuccino scene from Zoolander (before the jeep blew up, since it did not in this case)). And then I did a bit more work while attempting to revive myself with an iced latte, but reviving wasn't going as planned, so I came home. And when I got here, I didn't do as much as I had planned; instead, I took care of some errands, and then I went to Mezés, where I wrote and stared off into space and occasionally talked to the bartender.

That's all good, though. If I can survive tomorrow (seems imminently doable), I can spend the weekend organizing for my move and hopefully enjoying the gorgeous weather...but to survive tomorrow, I have to sleep tonight. Goodnight!

No comments: