Monday, March 16, 2015

while i can't eat i bet you sleep with someone's heat against your bones

If I don't sleep amazingly well tonight, I'm going to be shocked. I woke up at 5:40 this morning and actually made it out of bed even though I was *not* feeling it (the combo of last night's wine + this morning's knowledge that I had to go to work was not really conducive for leaving the safe confines of my bed). So I was on campus by 7:20, and I did about forty minutes of work for my own stuff (attempting to write, mostly playing pricing games) before beginning the workday. Not that the beginning was too onerous; I grabbed breakfast at one of the better cafes with one of my coworkers before our first meeting of the day, and the breakfast (chicken hash with poached eggs) was rather delightful even if the meetings were not.

So I continued through my meetings, most of which involved me telling people I hate them and everything they do (okay, I don't hate them, but I was v. cranky about projects today). Then I went to train with Alyssa, but for the first time ever, she somehow didn't have me in her calendar and so wasn't there. When I finally texted her (after ten minutes of glorious foam rolling), she apologized profusely and then told me how many kettlebell swings/squats/snatches to do without her. I actually did them, too, even though it was tempting to just go back to the office - but it felt good to work out, and perhaps to sweat out some of the wine that was probably still sneaking about through my bloodstream.

But working out on my own was mildly faster than working out with Alyssa, so when I got back to campus, I grabbed lunch with Dave - which was a tour of the cafes on our side of campus, since we got sushi and salmon at one, pizza and quesadillas (for him; I skipped this round due to gluten) at a second, and hummus (for me) and flourless chocolate cake at the third. And then I stopped at the cafe in our building to make a salad for tonight, which was a v. smart move. This didn't take that long, since we only sat down at the first cafe, but it was long enough that I had to go to my next two meetings in my gym clothes - but I don't think anyone cared.

Then I showered, had a few more meetings, did a bit of work, and then went to the pool, where I had my second swimming lesson. It was actually kind of fun; I think I would like swimming a lot if I wasn't so worried about drowning. But putting my face in the water was easier than it was last time, and I managed to swim the whole time without losing my legs to fatigue, so that was good.

Now, though, after two workouts + my wristband telling me that I walked 12000 steps today (between my tour of campus lunch options and my later trip to get coffee, this isn't surprising), I think I need to sleep before I die - goodnight!

No comments: