Monday, April 27, 2015

baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory

I was, admittedly, only minimally productive today. My last day is two weeks from today, and while I've been handling the bittersweetness of this pretty well, I was oddly stressed about it today. Not for any good reason - I'm confident that I'm doing the right thing by focusing on my writing. But the golden handcuffs of my job there are so very, very comfortable...

But today was fine despite the lack of productivity. I got to the office around 7:20 and did some work until 8:40ish, and then had breakfast tacos before going to my only two meetings of the day. Then I did a bit of work, snuck out and trained with Alyssa (kettlebells and more kettlebells), went back to work, showered, ate a salad (no bacon today - good thing I'm leaving since it's clearly going downhill), did another bit of work, and grabbed coffee with Dave. Then I left absurdly early since I wasn't getting anything done anyway, came home, messed around on the internet, bought groceries, and made chicken tortilla soup.

The soup was perhaps more effort than I actually wanted to make tonight, but the good thing was that I chopped double the vegetables and double the chicken and froze the second half, so I can make it again sometime with very minimal effort. And cooking + listening to music helped me to get over whatever weird stress moment I was having, so that was excellent. Then I researched rental cars on Easter Island for my upcoming adventure (apparently you can't get car insurance on Easter Island, which makes me even more psyched to drive there), and now I'm going to bed so that I can get to work absurdly early and actually get things done tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: