Tuesday, April 07, 2015

cold to the touch but she's warm as a devil

I'm feeling as smug about today as I was about yesterday, which may make me totally insufferable - so, apologies in advance. But I slept for a million hours last night, which gave me tons of energy when I woke up this morning. So I showered, ate some breakfast, and slogged for a few hours until lunchtime - and I was v. happy about what I got, since I think I basically know enough of the storyline now that I can start writing in earnest without feeling like I'm missing major chunks of the plot. Rafe and Ava have been really difficult to get into, mostly because I've been so distracted by the day job that I haven't had time to really understand them...but I think I'm there, which is a great feeling.

So I worked until lunch, ate lunch at the other house with some of the writers (yay), and came back to my house (they are next door to each other, which is actually perfect - we all have enough space to be quiet while still being able to see each other, and so everyone seems to be having a more productive trip than what we had in Montauk). I continued to be distracted with text messaging after lunch (you know I'm procrastinating when I answer immediately), but I eventually got a latte, buckled down, and worked for another couple of hours.

Still, by five p.m., I was totally done, which was fine with me. I spent the rest of the night hanging out and sharing a couple of bottles of wine with one of the Barbaras (we drink reds together; Christie drinks white; Anne drinks beer; and everyone else watches us like crazy people). Our conversation tonight went in truly wonderful and ridiculous directions, and I didn't want it to end...but all things die, at it turns out, and I need sleep more than I need socializing. Hopefully tomorrow is just as productive, but we shall see. Goodnight!

No comments: