Saturday, April 25, 2015

rain king

It's raining in San Francisco tonight, which has become an unusual experience over the past couple of years (December's stormaggeddon aside). I spent the evening indulging my hermit side after a v. exhausting, v. people-filled week, which was awesome (if you like being hermity). But my day was good, even if I started it tired and proceeded to get more tired as the day went on. I trained with Alyssa this morning (I think we did enough kettlebells that I'm going to be sore tomorrow), then rushed to the office and rushed through my shower so I could get to my first meeting of the day. But then some subsequent meetings were (regretfully, for once) canceled, so I was able to get some stuff done in the morning before mostly slacking off in the afternoon.

Slacking off involved lunch with Yune, Viviana, and Dave; Yune and Viviana have perhaps not forgiven me yet for deciding to leave, but they were willing to eat free salad with me, so I think that means we're making progress. Then I had a quick meeting before celebrating Tomas's birthday - I brought in a bottle of champagne, and a couple of us had stocked a pinata for him, which we made him break open out on the patio. The pinata included candy + several mini bottles of alcohol (all bad alcohol, since all the good mini alcohol comes in glass instead of plastic, which seemed exceedingly unsafe), so some people were coerced into doing shots, which I think took them all by surprise.

But I escaped the bad alcohol, had another couple of meetings, and then left work around four. Dave rode back to the city with me, and unlike last night his presence was v. v. useful since the carpool lane at 4pm on a Friday is absolutely critical. So I dropped him off, came home, took a nap, considered whether to buy groceries so I could make chili, put it off until I was too hungry to wait that long, and so made scrambled eggs and toast instead. And then I cleaned my bathroom and organized all the shelves/drawers that I hadn't organized yet, so that was a v. worthy endeavor.

And now, after staying up later than I intended, I'm going to sleep; I want to write in the morning before pursuing more entertaining plans, but I hope to get eight or nine hours of sleep before that. Goodnight!

No comments: