Wednesday, April 15, 2015

speak aloud what until now i've only sung

I'm completely ready for the weekend, even though I have two more days of slogging to survive before I hit it - but still feeling unsettled in my apartment is probably contributing to that. I unpacked for a couple of hours when I got home tonight (and made eggs and toast, which were delightful), but there's still stuff left to do, etc., etc.

But today wasn't all bad; I got up super early and was on campus by 7:25am so that I could write for an hourish before my 8:30 meeting. I didn't get a lot of words, but I'll take what I did get. Then I had meetings most of the morning, but I was able to take an hour to grab salads and coffee with Dave before our next meeting, which gave us a chance to catch up on the fifty million joint tasks we have on our to-do lists (yes, so much fun). Then I had meetings from 1ish to 5ish, which made me supremely unhappy (even if the meetings were fine).

But at least I got in some writing, and some lunch, and a walk in the sun, before commencing my killer commute + my unpacking routine. And now I'm going to sleep and hope I get eight hours before seeing Alyssa tomorrow morning - goodnight!

No comments: