Wednesday, April 29, 2015

tell me when it kicks in

Eight work days left, and there's so much to do before the end. I'm actually trying to get most of my work done by Wednesday(ish) so I can enjoy the last couple of days without any real responsibilities, but we'll see whether I succeed at that noble goal. Today was a valiant attempt, though; I got to work by 7:30 and worked for about an hour before grabbing breakfast (first stop: juice bar; second stop: breakfast tacos and a v. nice corned beef hash; third stop: coffee kiosk...clearly I am taking advantage of the freeness before I leave).

Then I slogged all morning and had a couple of meetings with people who are mad/sad/denying that I'm leaving, which are always fun conversations. But I took a break from work to have lunch with my boss and most of his direct reports at Tech Corners. We were checking out one of the new cafes there, and it's clear that we're all super entitled because we were disappointed with the service and felt that they needed to do some more work on the concept. But we grabbed ice cream after and sat out in the sun for a bit, and the free salted caramel ice cream went a long way to make up for my lackluster free lunch.

Post lunch, I had several meetings and several hours of slogging, but I got through a lot of important stuff on my to-do list, so that's good. Unfortunately, there's still a lot more - I have to give three presentations in the next week, which means I have to be a slide monkey for a few more days. But by five p.m. I was beyond done, so I gave Dave a ride back to the city, which was mostly smooth despite leaving at a suboptimal time. Then I came home, ate some soup, unpacked a box, retrieved some packages from the doorman, etc., etc.

But this is where I must leave you - tomorrow requires a lot of focus on slides, but I also have Alyssa in the morning and social activities in the evening, so I need to get some sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: