Tuesday, April 21, 2015

there's nothing to be afraid of even when the night changes

Today was a bit of a rollercoaster, and I didn't have time to really deal with feelings and things - I had a million meetings, and I have approximately 1200 unread emails in my inbox since I still haven't really caught up from vacation or the brutality of the last couple of weeks. But I got up despite a total lack of desire to get out of bed, made it to campus by 7:30, and wrote three pages before starting the day - so at least there's that.

Then I had meetings and more meetings, and I stood in line for fifteen minutes for a salad mostly so that I could have some time to myself without any conversation (and so I could have a salad, of course). And then, you can guess what I did next...more meetings. But I took a break in the mid-afternoon to grab coffee with Dave, and I had tea at the end of the day with Dave and Tomas, so I was fully caffeinated and also moderately well-socialized despite all the meetings.

I wanted to go home at that point, but I stayed in Mountain View to see my eye doctor at 6pm; I'm trying to switch to soft lenses because the hard ones have really been bothering me, so we'll see how that goes. The only good thing about seeing the eye doctor at six p.m. was that the traffic was dead by the time I left; the major bad thing was that he dilated my eyes, so everything's all weird and headachy. And it may be more headachy; for some reason they're jackhammering outside my building even though it's 9:30p.m., and there are floodlights and trucks with backing-up beeps and all sorts of other incredibly negative things, so we'll see how my sleep goes tonight...

But I must try to sleep if I have any hope of surviving the craziness that is tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: