Monday, April 13, 2015

we did everything right, now i'm on the outside

As expected, I was supremely unenthused to go back to work today. I managed to get in early enough to write a couple of pages of Rafe and Octavia, but it wasn't quite as much as I wanted to get done...but I was distracted by thoughts of all the work waiting for me, so I called it a morning early and went to my office to start the day.

And really, it wasn't that bad, but that's mostly because I gave up on trying to catch up and just tried to survive my meetings. My boss was a no-show today, so I had a reprieve from the full brunt of catching up; instead, I did my meetings, trained with Alyssa, grabbed lunch (plus an extra salad for dinner) with Jen (Canadian, but I like her anyway), had meetings and dealt with emails all afternoon, and then snuck out for a swimming lesson with Joann. Today's lesson was kind of hard, and it was on top of doing a lot of deadlifts this morning, so I'm completely exhausted.

But there's no rest for the wicked...I have to go down tomorrow to continue the attempt to get back on track, and I want to get home in time to make a serious dent in the remaining unpacking, so we'll see how that goes. Goodnight!

No comments: