Wednesday, April 15, 2015

we were caught up in the middle of a worn out dream

[editor's note: I wrote this last night, but for some reason it didn't post. sadness!]

I need to go to bed immediately (I know, I always say that) - today was brutally long, but also brutally productive. I was out the door by 6:25am, on campus by 7:30, and yet that only gave me thirty minutes to write before my first meeting. But I got two pages (partially because the barista made my latte as soon as I walked in, so I didn't even have to wait), so I'll take it.

Then I had meetings basically all day. I did get a break to have lunch with Eugene (I think I tricked the guy into being friends with me, which is awesome), and I wandered across campus to get another latte in the afternoon when I was about to die from lack of energy. Then I slogged until 5:30, drove home for ninety minutes, and spent the evening unpacking more stuff. The dishes and tings I ordered while I was in Tahoe arrived over the last few days, and I finally picked them up - which added like eight boxes to the pile of stuff I still haven't put away. The dishes are awesome, but the explosion of boxes was not. So I unpacked some of it even though I really didn't have time...but it will all be worth it in the end.

Then I did an hour of day job work, and now I must sleep so I can do it all again tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: