Tuesday, May 26, 2015

boom boom pow

My grand adventures in the southern hemisphere have come to a close, and while I'm sad to not be on vacation anymore, I'm very happy to be home. Our trip back was entirely uneventful, but also entirely too long - nine hours on the plane to the US (although in business class, so it wasn't the worst thing ever), two hours to get through immigration in Houston, four hours to fly to LAX, an hour to turn the plane around there (we were on the same plane from IAH->LAX as we were for LAX->SFO, which meant we didn't have to walk around looking for gates - but we did have to sit there waiting for a plane that we had just been aboard), an hour to fly to SFO, and another half hour to get our baggage made for a very, very long day.

But Joann and I successfully parted ways, and I found a v. speedy taxi driver who had me home by one p.m. I was going to do all sorts of industrious things (mostly laundry, unpacking, and buying groceries), but I was so tired that I mostly stared off into space. Winning, I know. I also accomplished a shower, which was a huge feat. And I talked to my parents since I'd missed our usual Sunday call; it's weird to talk to them on a Tuesday, but it's even weirder not to call them on the weekend, so at least we got to talk at some point this week.

I'm falling asleep as I type this, so suffice it to say that I went over to Adit and Priyanka's for dinner. Priyanka ordered Thai food, which we enjoyed in an extremely lowkey manner, and it was nice to catch up between my trip and theirs (even if we 'caught up' over bits of the second Hobbit movie, gossip about the Duggars, etc.)

But if I don't go to bed right now, I won't be setting myself up for success tomorrow - I want to write in the morning, then go see Alyssa, and then get my house in order (or at least into the washing machines. Goodnight!

No comments: