Wednesday, May 27, 2015

i'm gonna show you what's really crazy

Day one of self-employment went pretty much according to plan. I perhaps could have gotten out of bed slightly earlier, since I woke up around 6:15 and then dozed some more until eight, but given that I was traveling for the past two weeks, I cut myself some slack. But I pulled myself out of bed in time to go to Philz and write for an hour - I didn't do much new word production, but I reread what I have so far and was v. pleasantly surprised to discover that I don't hate it. So, I have high hopes that I can get back into true productivity over the next few days.

After that, I trained with Alyssa (and the drive there reminded me why I'm so glad I don't have to commute anymore). She tortured me only a little bit, and it felt good to do some swings and deadlifts after several weeks of sloth. Then we had lunch at Joanie's so that we could catch up more properly than we're able to in the gym - I've been thinking a lot (as I've said) about setting myself up for success with the self-employment thing, and I think using Alyssa + some other regular gym sessions as part of the structure I'm trying to build for my days makes a lot of sense.

When we were done, I sped back to the evil city, where I spent too much time at my favorite art supply store looking for exactly the right new journal/blank book for something I want to make. Then I came home, did laundry, stared at the internet, messed around with some financial stuff, and eventually realized I needed to shower immediately so I could get ready for dinner. Dinner was duly accomplished at Dosa on Fillmore, which is now less than 15mins away [editor's note: I used a 'less than' sign in the original post, which Blogger interpreted as an HTML tag, which resulted in losing the rest of this paragraph as it was turned to gibberish. I think I said something about being less than fifteen minutes away from the delights of Fillmore Street and the Kabuki movie theatre, as well as all the cuteness of Japantown, which I'm looking forward to going to far more frequently; I also revealed that I was having dinner with Lauren (aka Subz). But the rest of this paragraph is lost to the sands of time and Blogger].

It was, as usual, awesome to see her; she seems to be in good form (perhaps even glowing), and she asked enough questions about my resignation + spinster honeymoon that I talked for almost an hour straight. Oops. But she handled my monologue with good grace, and we're going to try to get together sometime next week, so c'est la vie.

Now, though, I must go to sleep immediately before I start typing nonsense - goodnight!

No comments: