Saturday, May 30, 2015

when you call my name it's like a little prayer

It looks like I'm going to bed late, but since I fell asleep on the couch at 9:45 and only woke up to wash my face and drink some water (and blog) before bed, you would be very sadly mistaken. Or perhaps I'm the one who is sad, since I fell asleep before ten p.m. on a Friday night. But since I'm trying to stave off this cold by being as slothlike as possible, I'm giving myself a pass.

That pretty much describes the whole day. I woke up not feeling very well, so I lazed about in bed before showering, making some eggs for breakfast, and eventually going to Philz to write. But even though the coffee was helpful and v. necessary, the locals (read: crackheads) were more distracting than usual, and they conspired with my headache and sore throat to make writing too difficult to pursue. So I came home and spent the afternoon doing some more stuff with my closet, putting away the last of my travel stuff, answering email, attempting to nap, etc.

Eventually I left the house to go to my salon and get a facial, but I perhaps should have stayed in; some crazy woman, in an attempt to switch lanes, backed up to give herself room and bumped my bumper pretty hard. This is no different than what I've seen other people do while parking, but it was crazy aggressive to do it in moving traffic when I was in the car honking at her. There's a small by well-defined scrape on my bumper, and I got her license plate and description (since we were stuck in traffic it's not like she could make a clean getaway), but I now need to decide whether my desire for justice outweighs my desire to not care.

sssanyway, I was two minutes late to my appointment since I spent those two minutes writing down the license plate number and taking pictures of my bumper, but the rest of my afternoon/evening was lovely. I bought orange juice and flowers after, then came home, drank the orange juice, ordered takeout thai food (my go-to when I'm sick), and was generally slothful. And now I'm going to bed so that I can (hopefully) write tomorrow - I've done about as much procrastinating around the house as I can do, and if I'm feeling better I'm going to write tomorrow even though I was tentatively thinking I should try to take weekends somewhat off. Goodnight!

No comments: