Friday, June 26, 2015

adult education

I've spent too much time staring at screens today, and I can feel the press of a headache against my eyeballs, so I'm going to go to bed early despite all the celebrating going on in SF tonight. I didn't sleep that well last night, mostly because I didn't go to bed until midnight and was awoken by the sun and instinct at 5:30 even though I could have slept until eight. Groggy, I then went to Palo Alto and trained with Alyssa, which was good. Then I had a writing date, where I did a bit of work, before coming home to beat traffic and continuing to slog until 6:30ish.

At that point, I was ready to send the first part of the gargoyles book to my editor, so I pressed send and took a break to have dinner (chicken skewers and wine at the bar at Troya; the food is delightful, but I'm not getting the vibe I got at Mezes or Des Amis, so it may not become my total go-to). Then I came home and spent another hour and a half writing a synopsis of the rest of the book + ideas for the rest of the series so I could give my editor some context about what I'm trying to do.

And with that, I'm going to take my hermity self and go to bed so that I can get eight hours of sleep before daylight and hope that it helps to restore me so that I can go back to working on Rafe's story tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: