Saturday, June 27, 2015

and i can never leave the past behind

I was very productive today, and since almost none of it involved screens, I'm pretty pleased with myself. I slept for 10+ hours last night, which helped to make up for some of this week's deficit, and then I met up with Kathia for what was supposed to be a writing date. However, since she spent the last month in Paris and we hadn't seen each other since the first week of May, we had a lot to catch up on, and so we spent almost three hours talking and not writing at all. This was much, much preferred over trying to get back into Rafe's story, although I want to do that tomorrow.

Anyway, it was great to see her, and it sounds like she had fun in Paris, which is making me want to sneak away there this fall (although I'm not allowed to go on any fun trips until I have a better routine established and can either a) write while traveling or b) write enough in advance to give myself a break). We eventually parted ways, and I came home, ate lunch, took a nap, and then spent the rest of the day and most of the evening cleaning. This involved vacuuming, changing my sheets, dusting, rearranging some stuff in my closet, cleaning the bathroom, rearranging the linen closet, unpacking from Texas, etc., etc. I've decided that I can't do most domestic tasks during the week (other than groceries/cooking) because it's too easy to waste a bunch of hours when I should be writing, but cleaning today was v. necessary for my sanity. I still need to do laundry, but I'm excited to crawl into my freshly-made bed and dream of everything I'm going to write this week.

So yes, I was a super hermit today, but it was lovely to be one. I did take a break to get coffee at Philz (and wonder why I live here, since I saw human feces on at least two blocks of my walk), and I also took a break to grab some snacks and sushi at Whole Foods. And I spent some evening time geeking out over printable planner templates so that I can redo my notebook and set some goals for Q3 (if I'm CEO of my own life, setting objectives and key results seems like a decent enough thing to do). And then I showered and painted my nails so that I would feel like a lady again rather than a common household drudge.

And now, after having accomplished everything I wanted to do today, I'm going to go to bed, hopefully have sweet dreams, and spend tomorrow socializing + doing laundry + organizing myself and my thoughts for the week ahead. Goodnight!

No comments: